Take $20.00 and:
1. Go to a movie
2. Go to breakfast or lunch at a favorite restaurant
3. Buy a new pair of socks
4. Buy a bag of special fruits and vegetables you never think you can afford
5. Go to a needlework or knitting store and get some supplies for a project
6. Buy 5 Kindle bargain books and read all day
7. Have a hot chocolate (or 2) and a peppermint patty at your favorite coffee bar
8. Take a walk and give your $20.00 to the first person you see
9. Buy a steak and grill it
10. Take a friend out for coffee.
11. Go to a wine tasting or purchase a special bottle of wine to go with dinner
12. Go to a used bookstore and purchase as many books as you can for $20.00
13. Buy a gift for a friend or family member
14. Go to a stationary store and purchase some beautiful stationary, then go to the post office and buy 5 stamps. Then, send a handwritten note -- yes, handwritten note-- to 5 people you care about
15. Go to a local theater production or concert
16. Fill your car with $20.00 of fuel, and take a drive to some unknown (or lovingly familiar) nearby town
17. Go to the grocery store and purchase a candy bar, but give the clerk your $20.00 and ask that they use it to take $10.00 off the bill of the next two people in line
18. Go to a spa and buy a special bar of soap
19. Buy a new towel.
20. Give $20.00 to your favorite charity.
Don't let the hype of Valentine's Day leave you feeling stressed, filled with expectations, or broken with sadness. Take $20.00 and give love to yourself!
And now abide, faith, hope, love these three -- but the greatest of these is love. (I Corinthians 13:13).